I was searching for information on superfoods because that is what everyone takes about these day (I WANT TO KNOW WHAT SUPERFOODS MEAN). So I went to WebMD, Dr.Oz’s and other websites and apparently EVERYONE’S LIST IS DIFFERENT. |Finally I did some research on the internet and BASICALLY superfoods refer to foods that can have health-promoting properties such as reducing one’s risk of disease or improving any aspect of physical or emotional health. So here is a list of superfoods that I love to eat:
- Yogurt and Greek Yogurt – They are high in calcium than some other dairy products and contains a great package of other nutrients, including protein and potassium. In addition, it contains probiotics that is helpful for you gut. I love to eat yogurt with seasonal fruits.
- Salmon – Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acid and studies show that omega-3 fatty acids help protect heart health. I love having my salmon baked, poached or steamed.
- Blueberries – Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, phytonutrients, low in calories, and high in water and fiber to help control blood sugar and keep you full longer. I usually eat my blueberries with oatmeal and yogurt.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and bone-building vitamin K, and has plenty of fiber to fill you up and help control your weight. I usually have stir-fried broccoli with garlic and vegetable oil.
- Egg – Egg yolks contain the bulk of the egg’s nutrients, including minerals like calcium and magnesium and vitamins A, D, E, B6, B12. I love my eggs hard-boiled and sunny-side-up.
- Quinoa – Quinoa contains more protein than most cereal grains (22 grams per one cup/250 millilitres uncooked quinoa), high in calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, iron, copper, manganese, and zinc.
- Sweet Potato – Sweet Potato is rich in beta-carotene (boasting 150% more antioxidants than blueberries), heart-healthy vitamin A and flu-hater vitamin C.
So what is your favourite superfood? Do you eat them everyday? Post your comments below. Till next time!