I LOVE QUESADILLA! I like the cheese inside the tortilla with the sour cream and salsa as dipping sauces.
I came across a similar recipe on my local newspaper and I figured I gave it a try.
Here is the recipe:
1/4 can black beans, drained
1/4 cup white and brown rice mix, cooked
4 whole wheat tortillas
2 radishes, chopped
1 small sweet potato
1/4 cup spinach, stem removed and washed
1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped
1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoon lime juice
zest of 1 lime
1 green onion, chopped
2 strawberries, hulled and chopped
1/4 cup parsley, chopped (I could not find cilantro at my local supermarket)
2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1) Boil a pot of water over high heat. Chopped sweet potato into small pieces and cook in boiled water until softens. Set aside.
2) Mix jalapeno pepper, parsley, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3) Mash cooked sweet potato and add brown sugar, red pepper flakes and salt. Mix and set aside.
4) Mix radishes, strawberries, parsley, rest of the lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
5) Place tortilla on a plate. Spread sweet potato mash on half of the tortilla. Then layer with black beans, rice, parsley-jalapeno mix, spinach, green onions and mozzarella cheese. Fold the tortilla in half.
6) Heat pan over medium heat. Cook folded tortilla for about 3 minutes each side.
7) Cut quesadilla into three pieces. Mix Greek Yogurt with lime zest. Serve with radishes-strawberries mix when ready.
This is the perfect recipe for summer because summer is the grilling season.
However, I don’t have a grill at home so I had to improvise!
I am still learning how to pan-fry properly, but I will definitely make this quesadilla again because everyone in my family LOVE it (feeling happy inside)!