I have cravings for burgers again, so I made my family and I chicken burgers for lunch while we were watching The World Cup.
I am using red cabbage again solely for the colour. Here was how I made it:
1 chicken cutlet, separate into two pieces
4 slices of tomato
three red cabbage leaves, shredded
4 tablespoons parsley, minced
1 teaspoon thyme, minced
2 teaspoon rosemary, minced
1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
2 whole wheat hamburger buns
salt and pepper to taste
1) Mix rosemary, thyme, parsley and mayonnaise together. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2) Heat pan over medium heat. Season chicken breast with salt, pepper and olive oil. Cook each side of the chicken for at least 3 minutes. Set aside when chickens are cooked.
3) Toast burger buns on the same pan over low heat until toasted.
4) Mix a few tablespoons of herb mayonnaise with shredded red cabbage. Set aside.
5) Spread top and bottom burger buns with a bit of herb mayonnaise. Put chicken on top of bottom bun, then two slices of tomatoes on top of chicken, then red cabbage on top of tomatoes, then top bun on top of red cabbage. Serve when ready.
OMG! My whole family loves this burger, but my mom suggested me to shred the red cabbage even finer because it is still quite hard to chew.
Also, I think I should use a bigger and thicker piece of chicken breast next time. I just wish I know how to butcher a whole chicken so I could get a bigger piece of chicken breast in a cheaper price.
So try this at home everyone!