I was going to buy fennel to make a tasty salad at my local supermarket because fennel aid in relieving from anemia, indigestion, flatulence, constipation, colic, diarrhea, respiratory disorders, and menstrual disorders.
Unfortunately, a friendly staff from the supermarket said fennel were all sold out. (What are the odds!?!?!?!!)
Therefore, I had to improvise and made a delicious fruit salad. Here is the recipe:
1 pack arugula
2 pieces of watermelon
2 pieces of pineapple, skinned
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
juice of one lemons
1 tablespoon apple juice
salt and pepper to taste
1) With a knife, peel the skin of the whole orange. Carefully cut out wedges without any skin residue attached to the orange wedges. Set aside.
2) Peel skin of cucumber. Cut into thin slices. Set aside.
3) Cut watermelon and pineapple into small cubes. Set aside.
4) Mix extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, apple juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
5) Lay cucumber slices on the plate. Arrange arugula, orange wedges, pineapple and watermelon nicely. Sprinkle dressing all over dressing. Serve when ready.
This is a perfect summer salad. You got to taste the different textures from the fruits, arugula and cucumber.
However, I felt a slight burning sensation by the throat. I think I used too much lemon juice.
Try this at home and tell us what you think!