This is recipe is inspired by Gordon Ramsay in his Kitchen Nightmare UK show when he showed of the owners his version of broccoli soup. I find it very healthy, easy-to-make and delicious. I do not get why she said Gordon’s soup is too bland. Anyways, I like Gordon Ramsay not because of his pretty face, but because of his work ethic. He works so hard to get to where he is now. I truly believe anyone can achieve whatever they want as long as they are consistent, persistent, passionate, and hardworking. I cannot say I am a hard worker, but I work more than 12 hours a day to achieve the goals I want.
I am going to work at a kitchen this summer, so I believe I will introduce more unique recipes to you guys.
Anyways, I got the ingredients today and it took me one hour to make it. Here is the recipe:
2 broccoli heads, cleaned and cut
6 cups water
1 tablespoon avocado oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons 0% yogurt
15 pistachios, crushed
pinches of salt and pepper
1) Boiled water in high heat. Put salt, oil and broccoli in pot when water boiled. The water should be covering the broccoli.
2) When broccoli is cooked. Turned off the heat and strained the broccoli. Make sure you saved the water because you need the water for blending later.
3) After straining the broccoli, put broccoli in the blender and blended until broccoli become small pieces (about 15 seconds). Add garlic into blender and slowly added broccoli water. At this point, the amount of water added is up to you. Add just a little if you want a thick soup and add more if you want a thin soup.
4) Put the blended broccoli-water mixture to a pot and let it boil.
5) When boiled, add salt and pepper for taste. Ladled soup to a small bowl. Scooped yogurt to the soup and garnish with pistachio.
And voila. The soup tastes so good. It has the broccoli flavour with a slightly sour kick from the garlic and yogurt. Pistachio also added a salty crunch to the soup.
Do you like broccoli? How do you usually eat your broccoli? Do you have your own secret broccoli soup recipe? Post your comments below. Till next time!