Finally! I am back!
I have been very busy. I work more than 60+ per week, so it is hard to juggle my time between work and blogging.
Since I want to open my own restaurant/bistro/cafe in the future, I am currently working very hard to reach that goal.
Today, I just want to do something simple and healthy. Therefore, I went to my local farmer’s market today and picked up some peas and cherry tomatoes. OH MY! The cherry tomatoes were VERY sweet and tasty.
I also used Organic Matcha – Green Tea Powder I got from Kiss Me Organics (Thanks Maria! Sorry for the long overdue review!) just to see how it would look in the dish.
I also used the same green tea powder to make green tea ice cream (It was delicious!). I will be using the ice cream to make a green tea milkshake, so stay tuned for the recipe!
Here is the recipe for the risotto:
2 cups Arborio
2/3 cup white wine
1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
1 bunch of pea, skinned
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, minced
1 jug of water
3 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoon Organic Matcha – Green Tea Powder
salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat pan over medium heat. Heat the olive and butter. Add shallots and cook until softened.
2) Add Arborio rice and turned up the heat. Keep on stirring to prevent rice from sticking to the pan. When the rice started to look translucent, add half of the white wine and keep stirring until the wine has cooked into the rice.
3) Add your first ladle of water to the rice and keep on stirring. When the water has cooked into rice, add another ladle of water. This process has to repeat many times before the rice is fully cooked. This whole process takes more than ten minutes.
4) While the rice is cooking, start a new pot and boil water over high heat. Add salt and oil when water boil. Cook peas in water until slightly soft. Put peas in cold water to prevent overcooking.
5) When the rice is cooked, add the rest of white wine and keep stirring. Add green tea powder and keep stirring until powder is evenly distributed. Add parmesan cheese, pea, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper and stir until fully incorporated. Serve when ready.
This is the first time I made risotto and I am impressed because the rice is fully cooked. The cherry tomatoes also added some sweetness to the rice.
I just wish I had more seasoning and wish I used chicken stock because that would make a huge difference to the flavour of the rice. My parents tried it and they wished the rice was slightly more creamier.
The green tea powder in this dish was just to add some colour to the rice AND IT WORKED. I mean why not because GREEN TEA IS GOOD FOR OUR BODY.
I still have some Arborio left over and I cannot wait to make my second risotto dish!